Glazed Shiitake Mushrooms
3 cups Volupta Organic Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
1 cup Water
1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Bring the dried shiitake mushrooms, reduced-sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, and the cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally, until mushrooms are softened and all liquid is absorbed, (About 12-15 minutes.)
- Let the mushrooms cool for a couple minutes and slice them.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a small bowl and add the toasted sesame seeds.
- Season with black pepper.